Friday, 13 August 2010
Four Simple Goals
I don't usually participate in things like this but I thought this one was just about perfect.
Four Simple Goals (before 2011) I like it as its doable and not like resolutions you will never keep!
It comes from the super lovely and talented Elsie from abeautifulmess if you've never seen her blog go check it out...like now! you will inspired I assure you :)
The idea is...
1. choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.
2. do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". get what I'm saying? positive actions instead of just the end result!
3. choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
4. choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.
5. blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year!
So Mine are :
1. Draw more just for my own pleasure. I've been in the habit of drawing just when I have a brief or a project. I think it is important I make time to do it just for fun! I don't want to take drawing seriously all the time, i want to do it for my own satisfaction and personal happiness :0
2. Create a beautiful craft room/studio . Since moving from our tiny old flat to our two bed Victorian house I am building my studio from scratch. I think this is such a important thing to do as I need a space to be myself and be creative every single day!
3. Make more time for friends, as I run my blog /art work / house renovation work / office job it is a juggle to create time for friends...but it is a must! I am going to aim for a least one coffee date during the week and weekend meet a week.
4. Eat better and look after my health. I am not unhealthy per se but I should focus more on regular exercise (not just hunched over my sketch book/in the office etc) outdoors! And eat more fruit :)
Now that I've said it..I have to do it!
What are your goals? xoxo Tigerlilly